Senior Software Engineer
Seasoned professional boasting 20+ years of software engineering and programming expertise.
Highly adept in data analysis, system integration, application development, business intelligence, data architecture, operations, IT recruitment and innovative solutions for start-ups and reputable corporations. Train and develop teams, guiding and managing programmers and business analysts.
December 2018 - Current
- Creates dashboards and reports for finance, care management, regulatory and membership stakeholders
- Troubleshoots database content to ensure data accuracy
- Creates verification processes for data warehouse loads
Senior Software Engineer, Singapore and Shanghai
March 2016 - November 2018
Freelance Software Engineer, providing technical expertise on a variety of development projects.
- Developed and implemented ETL processes for a US-based healthcare information solution provider, DocEnable. Project was completed ahead of schedule and under budget.
- Built Mandarin flashcard app, enabling students to learn Chinese characters, pinyin, pronunciation, meaning and stroke order.
- Oversee the transition of IT responsibilities for AlphaCare (Magellan Health), providing guidance to former colleagues on project statuses, next steps, operational issues, and assisted with on-going development.
April 2013 - March 2016
Delivered technology support for the successful launch of four health insurance products within a five-month period. Support during the start-up phase included the setting up of AWS, development of custom ETL processes, execution of 3rd party software, and the purchase, configuration and installation of network and desktop hardware.
- Created and implemented cloud applications for AlphaCare, enabling field staff to spend more time with patients and less time on administration.
- Forged the development of a data warehouse that enabled actuaries and accountants to rapidly project future costs based on patient utilization, membership roster and claim cost rates.
January 2009 - April 2013
Involved in setting up all ETL processes and 3rd party applications for a new start-up, ensuring readiness for the first client implementation.
- Led the development of a browser-based financial modeler application, significantly reducing the amount of time taken to produce savings proposals based on customer membership rosters and claim data.
- Developed an application allowing Customer Service Representatives to update information from four different systems within a single browser window; built using jQuery, Google APIs, MS-SQL and MySQL databases along with a myriad of other tools.
- Directed the development of an application that automatically calculates commission payments, improving tasks which previously took days into a process that now takes minutes.
- Recruited, trained, and mentored a team of developers, experienced programmers, recent college graduates, and interns.